a) I participate voluntarily in all the races of AGIOS NIKOLAOS on SUP 2017 in the municipality of Agios Nikolaos organized by DAEAN-PAODAN-IOAN. This declaration applies to the new date in case the races are postponed and there is a change of dates.
b) I am perfectly healthy, I’m not injured, I’m not under the influence of drugs-substances and I am capable of swimming.
c) I voluntarily filled out the application form and declare herewith that I accept that the organizing committee as well as any other contribution or volunteer that helps the organization will not accept any liability for physical loss or damage to my equipment. Nor they are responsible if any fault or any accident or any body injuries that may occur before, during and after the event, both in the sea and on shore.
d) I will not to prosecute and will not claim any compensation from the organizing committee.
e) In the course of the race I will comply with the relevant provisions of the General Greek Port Regulations num.20 as amended and currently in force and any relevant regulation.
f) If stated in the registration form: I am accompanied by my family members and I am asking for your hospitality.
g) If stated in the registration form: I wish to obtain the discount from Anek-Blue Star Ferries to travel to Crete.
h) If stated in the registration form: Ι would like your help in to get from the port of Heraklion to Agios Nikolaos and back.
i) If stated in the registration form: I would like your help to transport my board from the port of Heraklion to the Agios Nikolaos and back.
j) If stated in the registration form: I wish to participate in the race stated
In consideration of accepting my application to participate in the Event, below
I acknowledge, understand and agree that:
1. Agios on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities” for the purposes of this document means and includes and each of their respective directors, officers, members, servants and agents.
2. “Event” for the purposes of this document means the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 held over 29th & 30th of April 2017
3. Warning: I understand and acknowledge that SUP activities are inherently dangerous and there are risks which may result in serious injury to myself. Additionally, water/waves/ocean can act in a sudden and unpredictable (changeable) way. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume all risks in participating in the Event.
4. Warning: I acknowledge that I am and/or children under my care are exposed to certain risks during the activities organised in this Event including but not limited to:
I and/or children under my care may be physically or mentally injured, impaired, maimed or killed; other participants may act dangerously or with lack of skill; conditions may be hazardous and may vary without warning or predictability; organisers, officials, watercourse owners/operators and any agents or representatives of any of them in charge of an event may be obliged to make decisions under pressure of time and/or events; any policy of insurance of or in respect of my life or physical or mental health or that of children under my care may be voided; there may be no or no adequate facilities for treatment or transport of me if I and/or children under my care suffer injury; my property and/or that of children under my care may be damaged, lost or destroyed. I have voluntarily read and understood this warning and accept and assume all risks in participating in the Event, including on behalf of any children under my care.
5. Exclusion of Implied Terms: I acknowledge and agree that where I am a consumer of recreational services, as defined by any relevant law, certain terms and rights implied into a contract for the supply of goods or services may be excluded. I acknowledge and agree that these implied terms and rights and any liability of the – Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities (or any of them) flowing from them, are expressly excluded to the extent possible by law, by this document. To the extent of any liability arising, the liability of the Agios on SUP 2017 will, at the discretion of the relevant parties, be limited to the resupply of the services or payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
6. Release and Indemnity: In consideration of my entry to this Event, I, to the extent permitted by law:
(a) release and will release the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities from all claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my membership and/or participation in the Event or any SUP activities.
(b) indemnify and will keep indemnified the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities in respect of any claim by any person arising as a result of or in connection with my membership and/or participation in the Event or any SUP activities.
7. Fitness to Participate: I declare that I am medically and physically fit and able to participate in the Event and any SUP activities and declare that I do not have any fitness, medical or physical conditions that would affect my participation in the activity. (e.g. please advise of asthma, previous broken bones, dislocated joints, diabetes, allergic reactions, wear contact lenses/hearing aids, any disabilities, etc.). I will immediately notify the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities in writing of any change to my medical condition, fitness or ability to participate. I understand and accept that the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 l and it’s authorities will continue to rely upon this document as evidence of my fitness and ability to participate.
8. Medical Treatment: I consent to receiving any medical treatment that the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities reasonably considers necessary or desirable for me during my participation in the Event or any SUP activities. I also agree to reimburse the relevant Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities for any costs or expenses incurred in providing me with medical treatment.
9. I declare that I can swim 50 metres (150 feet).
10. I I agree not to drink alcohol or take prohibited drugs before or during the Event or any SUP activities.
11. I will at all times comply with the instructions and safety procedures of the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities.
12. Photographic and or visual images taken by the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities of my participation in the Event may be used without charge for general promotion of the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities activities.
13. I understand that the information provided by me in this form is necessary for the operation of the Event. I acknowledge and agree that the information will only be used for the objects of the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities and to provide me with information pertaining to the Event. I understand that I will be able to access my information through the Agios Nikolaos on SUP 2017 and it’s authorities upon request. If the information is not provided I might not be permitted to participate in the Event.
14. Release and Indemnity: I understand that my signature to this document constitutes a complete and unconditional release and waiver of all liability of the proprietors of the businesses and its employees and agents to the greatest extent allowed by the law for all loss including in the event of me and/or any children suffering injury or death.
I have read, understood, acknowledge and agree to the above document including the warning, waiver, release and indemnity.
Where the applicant is under 18 years of age this form constitutes agreement and acknowledgement by the applicant’s parent or legal guardian.
I declare I am the parent or guardian of the applicant. I expressly agree to be responsible for the applicant’s behaviour and agree to personally accept the conditions set out in this document including the provision by me of a waiver, release and indemnity in the terms set out above.
I understand that an appropriate leash that attaches me to my board is mandatory and refusal / failure to wear one will result in my withdrawal from the race.
I understand that attendance of the skippers briefing/safety meeting is mandatory.